Searching for people in your database
There are three ways to search for people in your database: 1) use the quick search feature at the top of the screen; or 2) use the Advanced Search module; or 3) use the Search People module.
Quick search feature
The quickest way to search for someone is to use the quick search feature at the top of the screen.
To use the quick search feature:
Enter the name of the person in the quick search box.
GoDoChurch will auto-suggest a few names for you.
Select the correct person to access their account info.
- You can also search for someone using an email address or mobile number in the quick search box.
Advanced Search feature
The Advanced Search module is the first view that loads when you open GoDoChurch. But you can access it from the main menu under Database >> Advanced Search.
The Advanced Search module allows you to mix and match different search criteria to find the people you are looking for. Read our help file on the Advanced Search feature for more info.
Search People feature
The Search People function allows you to search your database by name, email, or telephone number.
To access the Search People module, click Main Menu >> Database >> Search People.
If you want to search for everyone in your database type an asterisk * into the first name field and click Search.
If you want to search for everyone whose name begins with "B", type in "B" and then add an asterisk at the end "B*".
You need to enter the full telephone number and full email address into a search field for a search to work using those filters. i.e asterisks don't work in those fields.
To reset all the search fields, click Reset. This gives you a blank slate to begin a new search.
Download your Entire Database
If you want to download a full list of the people in your database,
- Go to Main Menu >> Database >> Search People.
- Click on the Drop-down arrow on the Search button and then on Download entire Database.
- A CSV file is then downloaded onto your computer. Open up this file in Excel or Google Sheets.
- It has 82 different information fields, including whether someone has a GoDoChurch Account and their address information.