- New Help file: Creating digital follow-up forms. Create a follow-up web page that replaces the need for paper visitor cards.
- We have launched our new mobile app compatible across all platforms. Available for download on your phone from mobile.godochurch.com. You can read further for more info on the app, implementing it in your church and downloading instructions for Android and Apple devices.
- We launched our new Help Site. Easier access to solutions and easier submission of support tickets.
- We added a helpful article on how to stream your church service to your GoDoChurch Mobile App.
We are working hard on testing our new mobile app!
- Lots of small bug fixes
We have added the ability to include links in content posted to the mobile app. News posts, push notifications, sermon descriptions, and event descriptions all now support automatic link recognition. Here are some ways you can use this new feature:
- Send a push notification to everyone in the worship ministry containing a link to all the worship songs for this coming Sunday. When people click on the link in the app, it will open the document for them in the app.
- Include a link to sermon notes for any sermon you share via the app.
- Want to advertise a website via a news post? Simply include the link in the News post body and the app will auto-recognise it as a link, allowing your congregation to open the link directly from the app.
- We have added the ability to mark an event as not requiring any registration. This way when you advertise your events your congregation will know which ones require registration.
- Added the ability to include links on the mobile app in the following areas: News post, sermon descriptions, and push notifications. This really useful feature allows you to easily share sermon notes, team schedules, or music for a Sunday service, directly through the mobile app.
We have just launched our new Events module allowing churches in South Africa to run paid events without any extra setup required! For more info read our Introduction to events help file.
Radically improved the saving and loading of data across the admin system.
All passwords are now encrypted, adding one extra layer of security to your data.
We have added the follow up module to the Android app. It was previously only available on Apple devices.
Launched our new Advanced Search module. Advanced search is an amazing new tool that unlocks the power of your database. It is the first view you see when you log into GoDoChurch. You can also access it from the main menu: Database >> Advanced Search.
Updated the look and feel of some of the modules on the admin system and fixed some bugs on the new mobile app.
Launched our brand new mobile app on Android and Apple. This is a massive update as we have completely rebuilt the app from the ground up.
With this update we launch two new exciting features:
- We have made it really easy to track who your members are.
- We have added a brand new Staff module.
Let's look at each in turn.
We have added a new drop-down field on the Basic Info tab of each profile which allows you to set a person as a Visitor, Congregant, Member, or Staff.
This gives you a quick and easy way to see whether a person is a member of the church or not. If you need to see a list of all people who are members you can run a search from the Search module. More info here.
We have added an entirely new Staff module that allows administrators to capture critical staff info such as employment dates, marriage licence expiry dates, and insurance info. To use this module, simply mark a person as Staff using the new membership status drop-down in Basic Info. If a person is marked as Staff a new tab will appear in their profile titled ‘Staff’. From here you can add all sorts of important staff info.
This is a major update to GoDoChurch. We have added three new modules, and we have also totally re-designed the Profile module, all of which combine to make managing and communicating with your church even easier. This is what you should look out for:
The new Profile module
We have added a set of tabs to the profile view, allowing you to easily see and edit which ministries, groups, and lists a person is a part of. We have also completely redesigned the address, family, and account view, making it more intuitive and easier to use.
The Growth Path module
Every church has a set of events or activities that they recommend their congregation participate in to help them grow in the Lord. Well, you can now craft a growth path specific to your church's needs and then keep track of how individuals in your church are progressing. You can access and edit this information either from the Growth Path tab in a profile, or from the Growth Path module. Read more...
The Ministries module
This module allows you to manage the ministry teams serving in your church. New features include: keep track of who is leading the ministry; easily send messages to everyone in a ministry; link a news channel to a ministry so all new members automatically receive relevant info. Read more...
The Church Roles module
Not every church role can be described as a ministry. We created Church Roles to help you organise and communicate with your pastors, board members, admin team, or any other group of people who don't belong in the Ministries module. Roles can be set at a local or organisational level, making regional communication a breeze. Read more…
NOTE: If you are currently using the Lists module to keep track of your ministries and church roles you will need to manually move those lists over to the new Ministries and Church Roles module. The same applies if you are using a list to track a growth path.
We would love to hear what you think about these new updates! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.